Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Seriously considering brand new focus as DD
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomco View Post
I guess what I am asking is, for those of who you bought your focuses over other cars in that segment, how do you feel about your choice x amount of miles later? I am looking for comfort, quality, good fuel efficiency and fun spirited driving factors. Even the base model focus I test drove seemed to have handled very solidly and the road noise was surprisingly minimal. How is your car faring in reliability so far?
I enjoy my 2013 Focus Ti, despite some minor issues with MyFord Touch.

Also, I love to test drive cars in my free time so here's a quick rundown of my impressions of cars in this segment:

2013 Hyundai Elantra: Slow acceleration and unsettled suspension on the highway but good looking and has a easy to use infotainment system.
2013 Honda Civic: Bland outside and inside, low tech features and noisy on the highway but has a nice, smooth manual.
2013 Chevy Cruze: Uncomfortable seats and has low tech features but quietest on the highway and handsome looking.
2013 Dodge Dart: Strange interior plastics/design and bland exterior but quiet and comfortable on the highway, has a large touch screen and has decent 1.4T performance.
2013 Mazda3: Dated interior design and a bit noisy on the highway but handles nicely and Skyactiv is supposed to net more consistent fuel economy.
2013 Toyota Corolla: A simple car with low tech features, poor cabin materials and low fuel economy but it takes you where you need to go with little fuss.

Versus the Focus, check out the Dart and Mazda3. Goodluck!