Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I thought this car got good MPG?!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #24
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The quality of gas in your area can also cause problems. I have a rep who puts on Major miles on his car and in this area,(SW Ohio), he says shell is the best, BP he gets 2+ lower mpg for the same grade(87). You might try different stations and see. My car is ave. 30.2 right now all city driving. (lights are well spaced and not so much stop and go so that helps a LOT). During the summer months I was getting 32.5-33 mpg. (SEL with leather,winterpack, DCT) My girlfriends gets 1mpg better for her SEL without winterpack or leather seats so what you have in accessories also impacts actual mpgs. If your averaging 27+ right now with a Ti sedan I think you are getting pretty good results. The sedans are heavier than the hatch (what I own) so it will get a lower rating. 18" wheels will also loose mpg. I have 17"s and my GF has 16" so there is a difference in our mpg also. Drive your car for the car, not the mpg. If it is mpg you want, sacrifice the quality of the car and get an econo box. If I drive for mpg I usually loose mpg, if I just drive without worrying about it I usually do better, go figure...