Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I thought this car got good MPG?!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #23
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidblue88 View Post
This is my #1 gripe with this vehicle. I have had the car since late December and the MPGs have been average at best. I average around 26 MPGs (currently 25...) It is mostly city driving and stop and go traffic but come on! I try very hard to coast to stops, slowly accelerate, and brake easy.
Lets see, the window sticker says 26 mpg city and that is what you are getting? I don't see the issue. City driving and stop and go traffic are mpg killers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njk570 View Post
Ok, so everything about the car is fantastic..BUT. I have not seen anywhere near the Average Rated MPG. I bought this Focus Used, its a 2012 Sedan Titanium, that came with just about 25000 miles. I drive this car everyday and the whole reason i bought this was because of the MPG, im averaging 27.8 mpg. about 75% highway and 25% rural road area. Call me crazy but i believe something is wrong here. I don't by any means drive like an insane person, i gradually gain speed and use cruise control a lot. I live in central Pennsylvania so the temp is low to mid 30s right now in the day time. I know gas mileage decreases in cold weather, but seriously....getting 10 less than the rate mpg is a little ridiculous. Anybody have any recommendations?
Hold on a second, the 36 mpg rating is for highway driving only, you are doing mixed driving. I would never expect the mpg to be that high with mixed driving. Yes I also have read many people getting better mpg then I do, but they live in different areas of the country.

I am averaging ~28-29 mpg at the moment. I was closer to 33 in the summer. Also noticed that the low temps have killed the mpg. Also my driving is a bit closer to 50/50.

IIRC the average mpg from the window sticker is 32 mpg. Using trip 2 for the life time of my car, not at 16k miles and just over a year is 32.6 mpg.

If you guys really want to see people ticked off at mpg rating, look up info on the 2012-13 Impreza. Very few with the CVT are getting anywhere near the 36 mpg highway. However many are reaching the average mpg of 30 mpg.

I take this all as perception. I believe peopel see the higher highway mpg number and expect that all the time, it just doesn't work that way.
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT