tjbain
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110283
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Se Sport in Grey

FF Reputation: 1 tjbain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanner View Post
It's been nearly a year. Re-reading my own post, it says I bent a tab back on the sail panel to make the new tweeters fit. After scuffing the body of the tweeter, I used dabs of epoxy on the tweeter body where it touches the plastic of the sail panel when inserted. Nearly 1 year later and many door closings, it hasn't gotten loose and there's never been any rattles.

The grey plastic is what i scuffed to let the epoxy get a good grip. They key to making them fit is breaking off the correct tab on the sail panel. Let me know if you have any other questions. There's another thread of someone installing the same components and I believed they used duct tape.
Thanks, man!! I tried keeping my cool, but it just didn't work. Haha...sooo, all but two of the tabs came off and a lot of hot glue was consumed. Oddly enough, without all the tabs there, the tweeter fit pretty nicely in the sail panel. I basically used hot glue on all the lateral edges of the tweeter, and I'm pretty certain these guys will outlast the car!!

I have another, more hypothetical question for ya, if you're willing: I'm assuming you used the two black wires as the source going into your crossover's 'inputs', and left the stock tweeter wiring alone. But unless the HU is powering BOTH the stock woofer and tweeter separately, shouldn't there be a source where the two sets of wiring merge into one set (that goes to the HU)? And wouldn't it be beneficial to tap that wiring to use as the crossover input? Or am I just over-thinking this??

Thanks again for your write-up here. I'm sure you've helped dozens of people, like myself, move on from their cost-cutting stock stereos.