Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yet another 2012 SE Sport audio upgrade
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #28
tjbain
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110283
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Se Sport in Grey

FF Reputation: 1 tjbain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi Mr. Wobble...I'm in the process of putting in what looks to be the same Polk components in my front doors, and had a quick question: You mentioned that we want to use the dual black (UGH!!) wires to plug into our crossover's input. I can't seem to get it out of my mind that (to me at least) it seems like we're sending only the signal that our stock mid was receiving, rather than a 'full range' signal. What's your thought on this? I've seen virtually everyone else do this in these forums, so don't feel like we're the only ones who tapped the black duo.

I was thinking that there has to be a place where the tweeter and woofer wires separate from the main speaker wire. That is, unless the headunit is actually powering each of those speakers separately (making it a 6-channel headunit). I kinda think that's doubtful, so I'm just curious if I might be able to somehow tap into the 'daddy wire' and run it into my crossover?