Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Any info on the Cosworth 2.3 280BHP Engine Swap?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #20
OrangePeel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109758
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX3

Points 413, Level 8
Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8 Points: 413, Level: 8
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 OrangePeel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all sorry, been out recording music for the past few days and forgot to check the forum.

Here are my goals Long and Short

Short
-Full Suspension Upgrades before Spring of 14'
-Rear Disc Brake Conversion by this Summer

-Wheels and Tires before end of year
Looking into the Ultraleggeras
(Dan from FSWERKS says he runs 15" over his SVT brakes fine)

Also, he mentioned that there is a millimeter of clearance, I don't know if I want to risk that on the track and have a rock get stuck in between the caliper. So I may just decide on 16" 's altogether. The other question lies in how light do I want to go with wheels over how much money I want/should spend on them. I feel the Ultraleggeras do a great job and at that price point, who couldn't love them?

Once I am done doing all of that crafty work, I will move onto the long term. Since over the course of the next few years the wife and I are looking for a home I will more than likely start with reducing the weight of the Focus.

I plan on first replacing

-Front and Rear Bumper w/ CF
-Fenders w/ CF
-Roof w/ CF
-Hatch w/ CF
-Sound Deadening
-CF Seat with 5 pt Harness
-Reinforcing the Interior with a Roll Cage
-Relocating Fuel Tank inside of a CF housing as seen in the SRR Focus in Taiwan
-Look into what options I have with window replacement (Lexan or anything better, not really sure what's out there)

Once I am certain that the safety concerns are dealt with I will begin on the engine.
This being the reason I wanted to begin the research now, I love driving this car and don't want to invest in any other. I have been a fanatic since their inception in europe and was ever so excited with my purchase.

Now being that soon my wife will have her own "Family" vehicle to use for anything we need. This car is available to do as I please. And that which pleases me the most will be to familiarize and perform in racing.

I have a lot of time to fine tune my ideas before attempting anything engine wise so I will continue to tally up the pros and cons.

I really appreciate all the help thus far folks!

-Tochi