Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - CFM 67mm throttle body
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #43
RecoilRob
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21404
What I Drive: 04, CD Silver SVTF

Points 542, Level 10
Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 RecoilRob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A couple observations about the 67mm CFM TB I just installed. Very nice piece of kit! The stock TB is 63mm...but has a VERY thick blade designed to restrict the airflow during light throttle. Of course the larger piece gives a LOT more air with much less throttle movement and make sure you set the TPS properly. The idle speed will stay under computer control with quite a bit of adjustment so turning the stop screw is really just adjusting the TPS as the computer looks for the lowest value and uses that for calibration.

Another thing...my stock TB would over-center at WOT, meaning it closed back down a little. This is NOT good! The new CFM would do this too....so a throttle stop was fashioned to stop it at 100% open. Check when you install the TB to make sure yours doesn't open past perpendicular.

My gas mileage actually increased a bit with the CFM TB! Reason is the throttle opening is less during cruise which keeps the timing up via the reduced TPS signal.