Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Injection Molded Center Console Tray WITH Change Holder Thread (MK3 Focus)
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105589
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Pinion Dominion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
FAQ (Feel free to send me more questions)

Q: What color will the tray be?
A: The tray will be black. Supplier has the capabilities for more colors, for example to match with your Car's exterior color, but expect a premium if this option is even do-able (will need a certain order quantity).

Q: How long will this project take?
A: If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to mail you the part approx. 3 months after receiving the required capital in order to start the project. Expect the product to ship in July 2013.

Q: How can I help to "support" this project?
A: Your help will be critical to this initiative's success. Try to spread the word so that more people know about this. Remember, we need to have at least 1000 people interested in order to have a chance at catching the supplier's interest.

Q: Are the models you posted the "final design"?
A: No, everything is still a work in progress. I can already tell you some parts will be changed to make it injection "moldable". But the functionality will remain very comparable.

Q: I want a "textured" tray surface just like the OEM, can you make it happen?
A: Yes, I want the final design to have a "textured" surface finish. This will make the products you put in the tray more slip-resistant and also dampen noise.

Q: I own a business and would be interested in buying in bulk.
A: Please PM me.

Q: What exactly is enough interest to make this project a go?
A: Obviously not every Focus owner browses these forums. If we get 100+ positive votes, I think that'll be enough to at least start the kickstarter/indiegogo project.

Q: Will you be using Kickstarter or Indiegogo?
A: Kickstarter requires the person starting a project to be American or at least have an American friend so they can use the Amazon Payments system. Since I am Canadian, my only option right now is to go with a site that supports Canadian project starters, such as Indiegogo.

Last edited by Pinion Dominion; 03-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.