Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Unable to get a price from dealers for 2012 or 2013 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #44
ImaPoser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109280
What I Drive: 2013 focus hb titanium in perf blue

FF Reputation: 1 ImaPoser Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I'm at the point to buy or give up myself. Here's where I stand.

hb titanium, no other options - msrp $24,995

two dealers offered it for $23,000, one at $22,500(before rebates)
doc./title/other fees - $275-280

Current rebates - $2500

The issue - my trade in. I didn't mention it until we reached the above point to any of them. It's a high mileage minivan. Two dealers said $2500 at best, one flat out said he didn't want it. Running through three online trade in calculators, I was expecting to be in the $3700-$4700 range. So, it looks like I need to try and sell it myself. I'd much rather have it gone before buying something else, so I'll get it listed in the next couple days and see what happens. I was really hoping to be done this week, but I wasn't expecting to be so far off from the numbers I had worked up for the trade. It's been a good learning experience.

Well! That was easy! I did what I said, and listed it for sale on Craigslist Thursday. Had a tentative deal worked out by Friday night, and finalized the sale of my van this morning. At that point, it made sense to go with the best offer, which happened to also be the dealer who had it in stock. I emailed him last night making sure it was still in stock, all the numbers we had were still in agreement, and told him I had a deal for my van that if it went through, I would call him to come get the car. It went exactly like that. I called him at 10, was there at 12, and on my way home with the new car by 1. It took less than ten minutes from the time we walked in for them to finish getting the paperwork together, fifteen minutes in the finance office signing stuff, and a half hour of him showing us the bells and whistles on the car. All numbers matched up to what had been in the emails, only one brief mention of the extended warranty which I quickly declined, and no attempts to add on special interior protection, paint protection, or anything like that.
All in all, a very satisfactory experience.

Oh yeah, the best part? I got $5k for my van!