Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Is this really normal?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #224
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Ok fair enough. I will enjoy my car that has a great tranny drives awesome but does the clutch noise once in a while after long drives while you search for your "resolution". Cheers :-)
Actually - my search is hopefully over because the faulty damaged clutches in my car were replaced under warranty as they should be for all the folks here having similar issues. My car has been driving beautifully for 3 months now after this repair as others have noted after similar repairs (no more clutch grinding at every start). I'm hoping this solution lasts long term. If some prefer not to have their vehicles fixed under warranty given evidence of this issue and chance taking a big repair bill not far down the road off warranty, then I guess that's their choice. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about my car and plan to keep it and enjoy it for a long time. But when there's clearly a problem going on, of course I want it fixed. Given the absolutely overwhelming evidence that the clutch assemblies in 2012 Ford Focus are flawed and should all be upgraded to 2013 spec, it amazes me that there is anyone out there who would not want this repair done to their 12 Focus given any evidence of problems (and there seems to be few who don't have this issue).

Last edited by Sprint; 02-25-2013 at 06:01 PM.