Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus stalled while driving
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
ds48059
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110244
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ds48059 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I did run a vehicle health report late last night. It did show that the check engine light was on, but all other functions were ok. Boy was I glad that I ran the report this morning - when I started the car, the check engine light was no longer on. At least I have something to show it happened.

After letting the car warm up, during the drive to the dealership, it was hesitating more than it normally does - actually stumbling a couple of times but not stalling.

Dealership - as I disscussed what happened and my frustration of the car being less than 2 months old, they asked if I was waiting or was going to be picked up. I said that I had to get to work and was hoping to get a loner since the car is "new". Once I said this, they said that it would not even be looked at today. Long story short, I do understand that it is not required for dealerships to provide loaners, but if a customer asks, why should it seem such a crazy question? I bought the car in anticipation of driving it 5 days a week to and from work with little dealership interaction other than oil changes. Within 2 months of buying the car, it stops running for no reason. Now the dealership from where I purchased the car is reluctant to provide a loaner - disappointing feeling. After persistence, I was provided a loaner - although I had to put gas in just to get home from work.
I did mention that I was disappointed in the fuel mileage I was getting (less than 28 avg - while driving 45 miles to work at 75 MPH and 45 miles home at 55 MPH). A guy in a escape that was there said he was getting 30+ and he drives 80... The customer service rep said that it was cold, the break in period. How long is this "break in period"?

No update from the dealership today. Now, after getting home tonight, my wife said that she will no longer drive the car and it scares her that I will be. All she thought about today was driving the car and having it happen on the highway in traffic - just what I wanted with a new car.

Nothing I can do but wait and see what the dealership says.