Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Looking at a 2013 SE 5spd - Talk me into a Powershift
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #70
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
This sounds more like excuses for the DCT's shortcomings and one shouldn't need a class to learn how the tranny works and how to drive it,it should be easy to drive no matter who buys it,this isn't some highend race tranny or something. I've driven several other manufacturer's DCTs and none of them behaved as badly as the Focus' and I've driven 4 of Focus' version. This car is marketed to all ages and should be as easy for someone who 80 years old to drive as it should be for someone who just got their license.
The DCT is a fail on Ford's part and they know it but have dug a big hole by putting a tranny that hasn't finished baking into a new car.
I too, have driven and owned cars with similar systems, albeit they were from a much higher price point, and they did perform better all the way around. Go figure. It is my understanding that Ford is one of the first manufactureres to bring this technology to this much lower price point vehicles. I guess if you have to take into consideration the systems in use on the vehicle you are driving and drive accordingly in order to have the best driving experience, yes indeed Ford failed. They failed to make the car idiot proof. But having slightly more cognitive processing ability than the average idiot, I find the car a pleasure to drive.