Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Looking at a 2013 SE 5spd - Talk me into a Powershift
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #69
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 2 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
This sounds more like excuses for the DCT's shortcomings and one shouldn't need a class to learn how the tranny works and how to drive it,it should be easy to drive no matter who buys it,this isn't some highend race tranny or something. I've driven several other manufacturer's DCTs and none of them behaved as badly as the Focus' and I've driven 4 of Focus' version. This car is marketed to all ages and should be as easy for someone who 80 years old to drive as it should be for someone who just got their license.
The DCT is a fail on Ford's part and they know it but have dug a big hole by putting a tranny that hasn't finished baking into a new car.
Why should it be acceptable for a person to have to LEARN to drive a manual but not an Automated Manual? If it is too much to do, there are other cars out there with simpler transmissions. You can argue all you want but I among others like the DCT and see no conflict with learning to drive it. These are Not excuses, they are statements of preference and personal experiences and observations. Most 80 year olds probably grew up with a manual before getting an auto so won't have any more problems with this transmission than any other. I understand you don't like it but hey, can we? Apologies for challenging your assumptions.