Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Are new 2013 Focus's having same issues as 2012?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #49
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=Jim_J;4602229]Sure, but none of that means the focus DCT doesn't have a problem. The number of complaints on any of the forums is huge compared to similar cars. Clearly there is an issue, we just don't know how big it is yet.

Where the heck are you getting the statistics that back this up? The only metric I've seen is the number complaints filed with the NHTSA and last I've checked, there were 161 filed complaints. Yeah, its higher than Honda (7) or Hyundai (35), but considering that Ford has sold approximately 350,000 Focus in the US alone, that number is still small. Furthermore, the NHTSA has not issued any findings yet based on these complaints so for you to conclusively say that there "clearly is an issue" is absolutely bogus.

There are plenty of folks here who have had issues INDIVIDUALLY with their cars, a lot of these issues seems to have been related with the service they've received from their respective car dealerships and with Ford. Conversely, there a lots of folks here who have had NO problems with their cars or minor ones at best. A couple of weeks ago, there was a flare up on this board with Focus (and former Focus) owners who felt like the problems they were experiencing (or have experienced) were being trivialized or minimized by some here. That is not my intent with this posting. But quite frankly, your statement that "clearly there is an issue, we just don't know how big it is yet" makes me think that you are comparing Ford's DCT to the Ford Pinto debacle and if you are, then you don't have credibility.