Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Are new 2013 Focus's having same issues as 2012?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #47
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_J View Post
LOL,you missed my point entirely, it doesn't matter what you find in one of car and drivers thousands and thousands of car reviews, they don't make the focus better than it is.
Well you missed my point entirely too. But nevermind, I'm tired.

Quote:
If you don't think the focus has an issue, go look at NHTSA complaints for 2012, honda fit has about 7 complaints, hyundai elantra has 35 or so, focus 161, the vast majority on the tranny.
Already did it, 5 months ago. But I did it more accurately.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...6&postcount=83

Quote:
The question now isn't if the tranny is a POS, that's settled, it has a very high failure rate and drivability issues that seem to stem from leaks or early clutch failures.
Oh it's settled is it? I would love to get a few minutes with your magical crystal ball. Although I'd use it for something more worthwhile, like knowing the next World Series winners.

I never said the DCT didn't have problems. My car has had its clutch pack replaced due to clutch slipping (not fluid leak). And I've had several bouts of shuddering that I think i solved myself. But now that, after 12k miles, it's running relatively smoothly I can opine that the DCT problems are relatively minor enough that they shouldn't overshadow the real strengths of the car. And I think the fact that the accolades are still coming in after 2 years and after competitors have been redesigned or refreshed supports that.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by kam327; 02-22-2013 at 04:43 PM.