Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus stalled while driving
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM  
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,561, Level 98
Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds48059 View Post
Not happy - first new car since my 2002 Honda Civic (which I still have with 275,000 miles on it and never had a problem). Probably the last Ford I buy - EVER.
No matter what you purchase, it will have an electronic throttle body, and will be capable of these sorts of things. Your 02 Civic did not have an electric throttle body, and neither does my 05 Focus. Of course, any car can do this today- including your 02 Civic- all you need is a loose negative battery terminal. It might cut off, then start right back up again like there was never a problem.

Fortunately, you have the internet. You also have Focus Fanatics, and we have a Ford Customer Service rep from corporate. If you have problems with your dealer, we can put you in touch, and maybe something better will come from it.

I can tell you that your dealer is probably not going to do much. What can they do? There is no magic wand, and if the car is still running- what's the problem? What's to say, to them, that it even happened at all? I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic. I'll be impressed if a dealer fixes a problem that isn't occurring at the time it was dropped off.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.