Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus 2012 +12V Ignition Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #17
tylerg2002
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106623
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 tylerg2002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm pretty sure I connected the correct wires, and I did the reset >2/<10 secs. method several times thinking maybe it didn't connect properly. When I did the reset, the third and fifth green LED flashes were long, with the rest being short. The red LED flashed four times, which is correct for the Sony stereo I have. Am I correct in leaving the vehicle side of the gray/yellow wire disconnected, and only having the white/green wire spliced to the harness side of the gray/yellow wire? That part confused me some, but that's the way I took it.

I was puzzled when it turned the volume all the way up, and disabled the touch screen navigation of my stereo. When I touch an item on the screen, it highlights it but doesn't select it. I've never had a problem with the Sony before this, and I'm inclined to think it's something to do with the remote connection.

I will confirm my wiring and try again after work in the morning. I'm really excited to get this working. I've really missed my steering wheel controls these past few months.