Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - if you could do it over would you get stick instead?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Correction it would have to have a clutch pedal for manual actuation of said clutch in order to be fully manual.

There are a lot of automated manuals around these days, the PowerShift 6DCT250 being one that has two clutches. Ergo its mechanically more a manual transmission with the software controlling the shifts and the clutch application rather than being a planetary automatic transmission with a torque converter.

6DCT250>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6F35 to me.

However had they made a proper 6 gear manual available with a sufficiently tall overdrive ratio it would be tempting. Had I not gotten my Frosted Glass SEL I may have waited for an Ingot silver ST with the 6MT but it would have cost at least 2-4k more in the end due to giving up the rebates and other incentives for the performance version.

They wouldn't sell a car with a manual and Frosted Glass with rear disk brakes for the U.S., only Canada could get the SEL with the 5MT.
there's no way we're going back in time so let's just pretend that your car was available with a stick .