Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - if you could do it over would you get stick instead?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 AM  
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,883, Level 66
Points: 9,883, Level: 66 Points: 9,883, Level: 66 Points: 9,883, Level: 66
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
"Sticks are for kids".. I HAVE to comment.
I am a 63 year old woman, and I drive a manual transmission car.
I would not own an automatic transmission vehicle. It has to have a clutch. Period.
Correction it would have to have a clutch pedal for manual actuation of said clutch in order to be fully manual.

There are a lot of automated manuals around these days, the PowerShift 6DCT250 being one that has two clutches. Ergo its mechanically more a manual transmission with the software controlling the shifts and the clutch application rather than being a planetary automatic transmission with a torque converter.

6DCT250>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6F35 to me.

However had they made a proper 6 gear manual available with a sufficiently tall overdrive ratio it would be tempting. Had I not gotten my Frosted Glass SEL I may have waited for an Ingot silver ST with the 6MT but it would have cost at least 2-4k more in the end due to giving up the rebates and other incentives for the performance version.

They wouldn't sell a car with a manual and Frosted Glass with rear disk brakes for the U.S., only Canada could get the SEL with the 5MT.