Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Looking at a 2013 SE 5spd - Talk me into a Powershift
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #62
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
I have had pretty much this kind of experience. I would add that things that concerned me have smoothed out considerably for me since I switched to 93 octane. Not related to transmission? In this digital age of cars adjusting things for different fuels, is it not possible that the transmission is somehow involved? Perhaps, and perhaps not.
I have two of them in the garage, because I liked the first one that much!
I have read all of the complaint threads, and a lot of complaints have been from the way the car reacts and runs on 87 octane. It will work on 87 albeit like shiit. Another common problem is drivers who don't understand the accelerate by wire vs having an actual cable attached to a throttle body. If you try to ease on the gas as you pull away from anything the car is confused as to what you want to do. It doesn't know if you are in stop and go traffic or leaving a stop sign/red light, unless you convey that with your foot and ankle. It will hesitate, lurch and stumble as it isn't sure if there is a stopped car right in front of you or not? Once you put premium in it, and learn how to communicate your desires through the accelerate by wire system and understand the functionality of the computer automated six speed manual transmission, most all of the DCT issues are gone, unless you actually own a unit that has one of the known mechanical issues. It is as simple as that, yet that is way more complex than most can handle.