Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - car lost all power
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
cargo99
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107505
What I Drive: 2003 black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 cargo99 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
car lost all power

hello, needs some help with 2003 ford focus zx3. My son reversed the car in the driveway today and the engine started to sound awful. (His description made it sound like the timing was off) anyway he took the key out and it would not turn off so he stuck the key back in and released the clutch to stall it out and that turned it off. He tried to turn the car back on and nothing happened. The car has no power when you turn the key. No cluster lights or radio, No clicking, No fuel pump sound. When you turn on the headlights the cluster lights work but the headlights don't work, only the parking lights. We tried to jump it and didn't work, tried to push start it and that didn't work. I checked the ignition starter fuse and it checked good. I m not sure where to start, nothing is making sense to me. The Pat light is blinking slowly even as I try to start car, dont know if that is normal. Battery is showing 12.5 volts. Please help me out so I can sleep peacefully again.