Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2x2013-TI4drPlat'mNAV,SE5drSterling

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Factory switch not a switch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicedz View Post
I pray they work. I have a 2013 se and would like aftermarket fogs that eliminate the nightmare that a previous member went through trying to duplicate a factory install job. The only problem I foresee is hooking up the harness to the "factory switch". You'll probably have to fabricate your own. Subscribing
You will, because the factory switch isn't a switch. I'm the guinea pig, and it wasn't really a nightmare, the dealer made it right for me, took the SE back full credit and sold me a Titanium!

The factory switch is a digital controller that tells the computer what to do, so you can't just "hook up" to it. They only way to get that switch to work will be to get your BCM firmware re-flashed with an SE with Fogs. My dealer wouldn't, and took a good hit to profit taking the car back since they had promised to put the fogs on for me!

I'm happy with the ultimate outcome, but I want to save you the hassle of even ordering a factory switch, because it is not going to do the job for you.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro