I realize this is an old (but useful) thread but I just went through the process of changing the pads and rotors on my 2003 SVT and this is how I solved the problems of the Cursed Clips. I posted annotated picture at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B84I...it?usp=sharing
but if you can't see it here are the steps.
1. Hold the clip roughly horizontal and put pin into lower hole.
2. Rotate the clip into position so the lower "arm" is on top of the caliper bracket where it should be.
3. Place the top pin into the top hole with the upper "arm" underneath the caliper bracket. The clip is now approximately in the correct location, with just the upper "arm" out of place.
4. Use a large clamp (I used a furniture clamp) to lightly hold the upper pin in place.
5. Use a screwdriver to easily slide the upper "arm" over the top of the caliper bracket.