Originally Posted by tylerg2002
I'd already ordered the ASWC-1 when you posted your reply. I just now had the time to install it, and I can't get it to work. I followed the instructions for the 2012 Focus, but all it does is turn the volume all the way up and disable the touch screen on my Sony head unit. The lights flash like they're supposed to, but the steering wheel buttons aren't working at all. Have you had any luck with yours?
Mine is working perfectly.
Review the installation instructions:
Make sure you've wired it correctly. Then go ahead and do the initialization process. I had to go through these steps to reset the device, for it to work in my car.
1) Turn the ignition on, the led will flash slowly
2) Hold down the reset button for more then 2 seconds but less then 10 seconds, the led
will start flashing rapidly
3) The ASWC will automatically find the vehicle and radio.
4) After a couple of seconds the led should stop flashing and not light up for 2 seconds.
At this point do not push any buttons.
5) After the 2 seconds there will be a series of 7 flashes, some short and some long.
6) The led will pause for another 2 seconds then flash up to 11 times.
7) This is the end of the auto detection stage. If the ASWC detected the vehicle and the
radio successfully the led will light up solid red.