Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - New USA bound diesels?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,561, Level 98
Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
New USA bound diesels?

Clean Diesel power for half-ton Pick-ups

I'll have to see it to believe it. The Mercedes is already on sale- that's an amazing engine with close to 400 ft-lb of torque and 200 hp from a 4 cyl. Mazda is finally bringing the SkyActivD to the USA, in the 6, which baffles me. I'd have expected it in the little SUV first.

Ford? Nah..nothing more than we already expected. The full size Transit van will be getting a 5 cyl turbo diesel that powers Rangers overseas. Please, hold your enthusiasm down. We will not be getting any USA made hyper fuel economy diesel cars with a blue oval on them. You'll get that 3 cyl gas turbo in the Fiesta instead- and you will like it. Please, ignore the diesel Cobalts across the street.

Some encouraging news- someone has finally realized that diesels are really good for hybrid use. Even though Ford, GM, and Chrysler were all paid millions of taxpayer money in the late 90's for the PNGV project that produced 72 mpg electric diesel hybrids- no, it's not any of them. It's VW.

Just keep waiting Ford. Wait until everyone else has done it, then you'll know it's safe.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.