Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Performance catalytic converter for 03 ZX3
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
homelessmonkey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98498
What I Drive: 2003 black zx3

Points 787, Level 14
Points: 787, Level: 14 Points: 787, Level: 14 Points: 787, Level: 14
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 homelessmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessmonkey View Post
ye i know that they don't produce a lot of gain compared to the svt set up that's why i got myself that set up, but when i purchased the elderbrock shorty i was just thinking to do direct bolt on, its still more flow then stock i could do 150 plus shipping.
and no they svt header isnt direct bolt on you need to buy svt header, svt cat it relocates it under the car and you need svt flex pipe with minor modification to it to be able to bolt on to a zetec catback or stock exhaust plus u need to ether bend the ps line or get and svt one all soo u need a svt dipstick.
so if your just looking for direct bolt on the svt set up isnt that but it will get you the most whp.
forgot to mention you will also have to ether get a bung welded in on the svt header , get an 02 extension or have a tuner and turn it off or you will have cel forever. but its all up too you if your looking only for direct bolt on or have fun doing some work on your car. i cant wait till spring comes to put mine on