Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Aftermarket Seats & "The Airbag Light" 05+?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Your car came with sluts? I have never seen that option before! My wife probably wouldn't be happy if my car came with those....lol

And yeah, your SES didn't have side airbags as stated above so that wouldn't work, plus I have nothing to swap because the Corbeaus aren't going to be wired for anything. Thanks though! :)

As for the first two replies, I will take all of that into consideration. My understanding of the cheater plugs is that will still allow the remaining front airbags and pretensioners to function properly because the system "thinks" the side airbags are still intact. So if they were to "blow", the cheater blows instead.

As for using non-ST '05 module, the problem I see there is that the "new" module still has to be programmed to the car and the Ford Dealer isn't going to program it to my car with the airbags removed. I wouldn't think so anyways. Otherwise I think that's probably the best option I have heard so far. Expensive, but best option. Anyone have any expereince going with this method?

Things like this were a lot simpler in my tRacer LTS. I put MX3 seats in it with no issues and it was the single greatest upgrade I did to that car.