PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
Prato, are you currently having any of the more serious problems people have written about here ?
It's much worse in the summer months, which is why I've put off doing anything for a while. But just before it was reprogrammed, it sounded like this on every shift into 2nd and 4th. I took it to the dealer and thought I would be a shoe-in for a new clutch.

After they updated the PCM to the 2013 software (I'd have to assume, anyway - because I already had 12B37 installed), they said it was "fixed." Now the grinding noise isn't as prevalent - but it's still there. Especially when driving uphill or accelerating while turning.

I've only had it act REALLY jerky and scary in stop-and-go traffic a few times and restarting it seemed to help - but I still don't think that it should be considered normal for it to act like that once a month... unless these cars have menstrual cycles.

EDIT: I should add that while the noise happens less often, when it does happen, the whole car vibrates. It sounds kind of like when you have one window open and you get buffeting... except it's my poor clutch.