Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #725
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '14 Escape Titanium w/401A package

Points 4,442, Level 42
Points: 4,442, Level: 42 Points: 4,442, Level: 42 Points: 4,442, Level: 42
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012sel View Post
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...t=usb+playlist

There's already a thread for creating a playlist on a usb drive for access in Sync with MyFord (non-MFT). I'm sure this would work for MFT as well. Anybody with MFT care to try the instructions and report back?
I read this thread but there is one big difference with MFT versus Sync only. MFT supports exFat. This format allows MFT to see the flash drive as an external hard drive. A friend of mine with an ST was having the problem with MFT indexing and building voice commands every time he started the car. Changing to exFat seems to have resolved this for him.

Also, there is a far easier way to create playlists that work using a software program called Media Monkey. The biggest difference is that Media Monkey can manage your collection, devices, and autosync music and playlists. It will basically make managing your USB drive like syncing an iPod with iTunes. All updates and new playlists can automatically sync and update your device. If you pay for a registered version of Media Monkey, you can also create Auto Playlists based on multiple criteria. There are ways of getting Windows Media Player to work, but the program is god-awful slow at both managing the library and syncing the device.

Almost forgot, this thread has already been created. Here is the thread if you would like to link from your thread:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308605