Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2007 Focus 2.0 manual trans, what to look out for?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My 05 has gone 150k without much done other than routine maintenance- and modifications. There are some things that might've freaked out the un-knowing owners though. That would be the tumble flaps which are valves in the intake manifold. When those get old, around 100k miles or so, they start to make noises like valve noise. If you diagnose it properly, then you'll find out there is no valve noise, and the noise is coming from the intake manifold.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone believe any story by anyone selling a car without a clear title when the car has been wrecked. Ask to see the title, if it has salvage on it, you need to step away. Previously wrecked cars are like crumpled up tin cans. If you straighten one out completely, and then put it beside one that has never been crumpled up- which one do you think will crumple first? Tests have shown me enough that I'll never take a chance in one. It must have a salvage title, otherwise he would've lied about it. Most owner-sellers do lie about accidents, and used car lots will sell wrecked and rebuilt cars out of their homes pretending to be Suzie Q home-maker.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.