Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Is this really normal?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #162
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

Points 127, Level 2
Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Good points ^^

It is disturbing to read that some are getting their Powershift issues fixes while others are repeatedly being denied.

I wish the customer service reps monitoring this form could comment on why this is happening.
Is it the regional reps causing this to happen?
Is it Ford N.A. worried about their yearly warranty ratings?
Is it something to do with the relationship ratings between the dealership and Ford HQ?
Is it how the dealership service department reports the problems or their findings?

Something is very, very askew in this game, and I feel for the owners who just want a pleasant Focus ownership experience, but it is obvious some are not being treated equally, and sadly we will never really know what that reason is.
+1 - I had a great experience with my dealer on the clutch grinding issue. They recognized my problem with little evidence (it did not grind as much as usual during the test drive with the tech), they seemed to recognize that there is an overall problem, they replaced my clutches quickly and professionally under warrant and, the work has held up well for several months so far.

Given the number of times this issue is occurring, and that the clutch replacements getting done by many dealers are clearly working, it's very sad and disturbing to hear that many dealers are refusing to address it and try to give the lame excuse that it is normal.

It's even more disturbing to have an actual Ford CS rep interacting on this forum who is not given the authority to properly respond to this issue and guide customer to proper resolution. It must be very frustrating for that person to be relegated to the position of having to tell people over and over again to get in touch with other reps knowing full well that this advice is not helping in many cases.

This is the kind of thing that drives customers away from a potentially good product for no good reason.

So sad.