Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #1809
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Can you give us one example?
12/6/12- UPDATE - Good News!! After 5 or 6 weeks, I finally have my Focus SE Hatchback back from the dealer. I was having severe shuddering upon take off from a stop, and serious problems with the car slipping in and out of gear indiscriminately. The service manager worked with FORD and demanded (at my insistence) that they replace the dual clutches. I just picked it up yesterday so I haven't had a chance to really put it through the paces, but so far - smooth as silk!!!So, those of you who insist those of us with issues with our cars just don't know how to drive, there really was something wrong, and now it is fixed. To those of you with these issues - push for Ford to fix it for you!!. Absolutely. I just came back from cruising around at lunch time and the car is just the best now! So tight, sporty and SMOOTH! No noises, no shudders, smooth shifting... I love it.And yes, just to clarify, they did replace the seals and throwout bearing as well as the clutch assembly, etc. Tomorrow I will bring the work order and scan it into this message so you can use it to advocate for yourselves. That's what I did, and now I have a great car!