Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Photographers Thread - Post your work
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #4154
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
If you say, their amazing and oh so wonderful, you will not help the person learn how to take pictures or, progress in their skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
When I was a beginner I threw out all the bad photos and kept the good ones. Those are all on negatives though. The ones I printed are in scrap books stuffed in the darkroom at my parent's place.

All I'm saying is, why take a photo and share it if its not the best you can do? Why take a photo if you're not going to put in an effort to make it a great photo worth admiring? Why do anything if you can't admire it and be proud?

You can cry "Beginner!" all you want, but it isn't an excuse. There is a difference between someone who has just begun taking pictures and someone who is beginning their photography practice.

Like I already said, The photo posted was not a bad photo, but it also lacked any quality of being a good photo. If you don't want to hear someone else's opinion then please leave the internet lol It's not all butterflies and rainbows and it never will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
If the world was full of only 'nice' critics, nothing would ever improve. Get a clue.

-------------------
On a completely unrelated note, PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND HOW DEPTH OF FIELD WORKS BEFORE YOU GO BLURRING YOUR PHOTOS IN POST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
I agree with all of this. ALL of it.

There's coddling and constructive criticism. Most people want to be coddled unfortunately. Great shot...yadda yadda.
Thanks for supporting me on what I posted yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JüstCantFocüs View Post
Noone said to coddle them. Just don't be an asshat when giving a critique. Jmo.
Any non-poisitive comments here seem to be taken as an asshat/douchebag/hateful comment.....