Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Another one of those "help me make my choice" threads xD
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #33
miuzi05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106045
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red SE Sedan 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 miuzi05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond142 View Post
My only real decision, it seems, is whether or not to get the MFT screen and Sony 10 speaker system.
I only have the 6-speaker system, but I find it quite adequate. It's a really clean sounding system, but the bass won't blow you away, that's for sure. What bass there is is nicely defined, though. I occasionally long for a sub like I had in my previous car, and I'll probably cave on this when the weather is better and I can spend some time outside working on the car. I find the cabin quiet enough, even at highway cruise speeds, that I don't need to turn up my music too loud in order to be satisfied, which definitely lessens strain on my ears on long drives. I listen to a lot of metal, hardcore, and aggressive hip-hop, so it can be QUITE fatiguing. The Sync system with the 4-inch screen suits me quite well, too. It recognizes voice commands for album and song names that are basically complete jibberish. High On Fire's "De Vermis Mysteriis" album was recognized on my first try, for example.

I've seen a lot of people gripe about the quality of the Sony 10-speaker system. I've personally never heard it, though.