Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
symbology
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94555
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB 301A Mtl.Blk

FF Reputation: 1 symbology Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
He explained to me that about half of what people say online I can ignore because many people dont' know what they are talking about.
That's usually true. However, in the case of the MK3 Focus, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most people's complaints are well justified.
I have the clunking in the front over bumps, grinding transmission, and random creaks/rattles in the interior. I've also had my share of MFT crashes/bugs, however nothing to the effect of being unresponsive necessitating pulling the fuse. I've brought my car in to my local dealership multiple times, and EVERY SINGLE TIME have gotten either the "unable to reproduce", "it's normal", or just not acknowledging there is a problem. I can understand it from their end, having many people coming in with the same issues, while having other cars with legitimate issues that need to be addressed.
However, I paid a lot of money for my car. I deserve to have the car performing at peak efficiency, or close enough to how it acted when I drove it off the lot.
I think the bottom line here is that Ford is unwilling to spend money on fixing "cosmetic" issues, like the grinding or clunk. Those issues do not seem to affect the car's safety or reliability, so why spend money fixing it?
We'll see as soon as people start putting more miles on their cars how well this generation of DCT holds up.
I wish I could tell you it'll be fixed once you get it back. Maybe it will. However, read through the thousands of postings here and you'll soon realize you're stuck in the same situation as the rest of us.