Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Strange Bumping Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 3,034, Level 33
Points: 3,034, Level: 33 Points: 3,034, Level: 33 Points: 3,034, Level: 33
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey Bliky,

It wouldn't hurt to swing by your dealership so they can experience what you've described. They'll be in the best position to get you some accurate answers and to advise on next steps. Keep us posted and let us know how things progress.

Crystal
A visit to the dealer is lower on the list simply because I'm afraid it was some type of modification I made that caused the problem but it did appear to happen before I did my suspension stuff. The dealership route is coming quite soon. Thanks!

In other news... IT'S STILL HAPPENING. I filled my tired up to 37 PSI all around the other day and this still happens. It's still just as bad as before. It's really bumpy at any speed below about 35 and at highway speeds (65 MPH) about every 5 seconds you can feel a slight bump like I'm going over a crack in the road but it's clearly not the road since it does it for my whole 30 minute highway drive.

I'm wondering if I maybe bent a wheel but didn't break the bead of the tire? About a month or so ago I was driving home late at night and getting off an exit I usually don't get off and must have hit a bump in the road and it felt and sounded like it destroyed the whole front of the car. Even my friend in the car was like "holy crap". Nothing appears to be leaking (if it is it's VERY slow) and nothing looked bent.