Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Amazonís Streaming Music Service, Cloud Player, Comes To Ford SYNC AppLink
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Agree with c5karl. You guys aren't missing anything. I was really excited to see Amazon MP3 on the list of supported Applink apps when I first got my car, but had to wait until now for them to release the version that was actually supported (no clue why they claimed it was already supported when it wasn't). The voice commands for it are entirely useless. I haven't even been able to get it to successfully play a single song through applink. It will display the song title and sit there at 0 seconds of playtime if I do shuffle all, device or cloud (which are the only playability options not linked with playlists, and even then it's either a playlist or shuffle the playlist). If I manually start playing a song, it just freezes the entire phone for around 60-120 seconds and then asks me to send a crash report. Pandora works better, but it's far more of a "hey, look what I can do" factor than anything close to being truly useful.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.