Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair

Hey guys. I made an appointment to get my oil changed for the first time (3,500 miles; bought new on 12/15/12) and decided to not tell them my issues until I got there. I explained that my car has been jerking/lunging on low speeds (starting), not shifting smootly, and vibration in the wheel and pedals (I confirmed this while driving the loaner 2012 Focus SEL with 23,500 miles - it performed closer to my 13' when it was new. He said it's likely that they will have to remove the transmission and test/inspect the it/the car. He said they may need to replace the "dual clutch system", and may need to hold the car until Tuesday.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke to my Ford Regional Customer Service person after Cory (FF) suggested I tell them about my other issue (which turned out to be normal operation) , and mentioned that I had read that many of the 2012's had issues with the clutch (oil leaking, etc) and they had to be replaced with allegedly "better" replacement parts, and I wondered if the 2013's could already have that problem. He said that if Ford knew that a replacement part was better, then (we assume) they would use it to begin with, especially the newer builds. I didn't worry about it until today, when I drove and really felt the difference between my car and the loaner. There is definately something weird going on with it. I can only hope the issue isn't too bad and that they can replace/repair the issue.

I'm looking forward to the responses/insights on this. Thanks.
I already miss my car