Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Brake/Reverse Light Issue (It's different I swear!)
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
miltonwaddums
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109863
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 miltonwaddums Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Success! (Sort of.) I have the brake lights working. I checked and rechecked everything I could for the brake lights and gave up fixing it for real after about 4 hours of looking. So I took a piece of speaker wire and 2 tap splices and ran a wire from the downstream side of the brake pedal switch (green/red I think) to the green/yellow wire at the connector in the left side of the trunk. Everything worked perfectly including all 3 brake lights and they even worked correctly with the turn signals and hazards. A little ghetto, but I don’t care because I can drive the car. (Plus it has 150,000 miles, so my “don’t give a *$%^” is running in full capacity mode.)

This thread has a picture of the connector I spliced into (the picture was actually posted by you, TerryB):

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...=249493&page=2

On to the reverse lights next week hopefully.

Adam, thanks for the tip. That’s where I’m going to start (since I now know that EVERY fuse in the car is good). I gave it a visual check last night since I knew I had it unplugged when I swapped the clutch and it’s in there. I’ll yank it next week and test the contacts and whatnot.