Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Chevy Cruze Diesel on the way....
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #44
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,185, Level 18
Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18
Level Up 85% Completed
Level up: 85% Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
Who brought up road taxes? Was not me. What even fueled the road tax idea?
As I explained, the road tax concern was brought up after YOU boasted that you could drive our public roads more cheaply by owning a diesel vehicle with $1K conversion kit that facilitates use of cooking oil (which includes ZERO road taxes) instead of road pump fuel. Under this scenario, you save money by shifting your fair share of road tax burden (over 50 cents per gallon) to other gas and diesel owners who do not evade taxes. You might as well use off-road farm belt fuel, heating oil or slugs for the subway because other taxpayers take it on the chin in the same way.

Quote:
Is there legal theft I am not aware of?
Probably. As I already explained, tax evasion taken to extremes is commonly recognized as a form of legal theft. Certain people use this to their advantage by passing their tax burdens onto hard working honest folks. Feel free to google it.

Quote:
Why is it you assume I don't pay my fair share of taxes?
Because you openly condone tax evasion activity, OK? Who is paying your road taxes when you're driving around on cooking oil? Again, read your posts.

How is this confusing when I already explained it in such detail?? Mitt Romney seems smart but can't see a problem with making $10,000/hour then hiding this money off-shore to pay an effective 13% tax rate, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
I have been paying taxes since 1985, how about you?
Well, I was in my late 20's that year....already paying income taxes for close to a decade. As you know, most government employees can retire before age of 60 with benefits the public can only dream about. This goes for local, state or federal government, not just military or police. Many live in a bubble thinking revenue grows on trees. They pass laws to make it true lol. The "base" is a tax sheltered perk zone run at a huge loss to benefit a particular group with taxpayers covering that. This is why folks in reserves flip out when a local base closes. It's like free membership to costco or sams club except 100x better. This is about saving cash on goods and convenience, not saving the nation. Commissary is operated more like an indian reservation or non-profit, rules skewed by government to favor a particular group. We pay, you benefit....whatever. Please know regular USA citizens have to work to age 67 or later now and deal with huge copays, insurance denials and employee 401K saving retirement plans that don't come close. I have close relatives in the military, sorry if I don't show much empathy for your wife paying more taxes than you lol.

Last edited by Lscman; 02-15-2013 at 03:56 PM.