ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 7 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Shifter View Post
do not get a turbo KIT. notice i didnt say dont turbo i said dont buy turbo KITS! If i had the $$$ my focus svt would be moded like crazy but i have to save up. Ask anyone that really knows about turbo's it is better to go to garrett and find the right turbo for your car because garrett makes the best turbo's period! after you find the turbo you want go and find the best intercooler for your car and all the pipes and so on and so forth. Go to the best places and build your own custom turbo kit, trust me you most likely spend less money, it will be one of a kind, and also you will get more hp, trq than if you buy some kit. Ask anyone who wants to Turbo, KITS are for lazy people that just want to have a turbo in their car. Do some research and build your own custom turbo trust me it will be well worth it.
Holy thread-necro batman. This thread is from 2004 dude.

Also, you are seriously confusing an ebay "kit" with a proper kit. The kits that Tom puts together are nothing more than a collection of components that are known to work well with the focus. (manifold, downpipe). His kits give you the option of choosing your own turbo. Then he simply provides the piping pre-fabbed to fit your car with as little modification as possible.

Custom built is great too, but not everybody has time to invest into research and design. For those of us who work full time and have other responsibilities, its usually best to find a kit that is known and proven. to work.