Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Another one of those "help me make my choice" threads xD
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
Vagabond142
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109819
What I Drive: 1994 Mazda 626

FF Reputation: 1 Vagabond142 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, my driving is to/from the train station and then on weekends I go out, do the grocery run, drive across the city (in Calgary, this is a nearly hour long ride) to visit my parents, pick up my comic books from my favorite store, etc.

I do like the ability with Sync to stream music from my phone. I don't really need the album art, but if the stock Sony system in the MFT pack is bangin', then maybe it's worth getting.

Priced out with the MFT and Sony 10 speaker system, it's $25.3k on the Ford.ca builder. Without the Sony pack/MFT, it's $23.9k. There are savings to be had and I can probably get a full stereo pack, installed by a tech I know in the driveway for ~$850 all in, including the steak bbq dinner for his work :D Also, does not Sync handle the voice commands anyways? So all MFT is there for is a bigger display, no matter what display system (small little 4 line LCD or MFT) is installed?

I will not be getting the leather seats, I slide around too much in them, as I do with any leather seating surface. I like the grippyness of the cloth seats :D

I also have an HTC Amaze 4G with unlimited (TRULY unlimited) data, so I would probably want to stream DI.FM or something through it, hence the phone connectivity being #1.

I will for sure be getting manual, so remote start is not available with that spec.