Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Traction Control...HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I also still have the stock tires (15,000 miles) but plan to get true winter tires next winter when the stock tires will be nearing replacement. The stock tires are not terrible but if the snow is deep enough or of just the right/wrong type the MK3 FF is a dog.

Maybe we should get some feedback on how the various winter tires handle the snow as I'd be in the market come next December.

So, I'll keep my stock rims (17's) and put winter tires on them next winter and then as the winter is coming to an end I'll likely order a new set of wheels (17's) with summer tires from Tirerack.

Brian
I'm using General winter tires, which i got at the ford dealership. Cost me 1200 with 16inch steel rims. They actually work a lot better then i thought. On my last car I had Michelin X-Ice but they were too expensive for me this time round. I would say the General's that I have now grip as well as the michelins, but the road noise is a little higher.

I live in canada and these tires got me through all the major snowstorms we've had this winter. I got stuck a few times last week (we had a major snow storm) but that was mainly because the snow was much higher then the car clearance. Id highly recommend them