Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Another one of those "help me make my choice" threads xD
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Christ. Are you sure about that? It takes my car about 10 minutes to get to operating temperature at 0*F.

EDIT: But the first 5 minutes is stop-and-go city driving, so there is probably a lot of idling going on.
I can back him up. had the car reading -28 at one point when I was driving up north, used the remote start to start up (started without any problems) left her running for 6-7 min and the heaters were already starting up and the seats were partially warm. The front defroster is a little slow, but the rear and heated mirrors get the job done quick.

In the winter, the car is a bit stiffer I find, it handles beautifully. I have the DCT with winter tires and have only gotten stuck a few times in the snow, and only because the snow was so high it was getting caught underneath the car. In terms of ice and snow the car handles beautifully. I have no problems getting good acceleration with the TC on, and only turn it off when the snow gets rediculous. For the winter, the only complaint I have is the rattling from the headliner (I have a 2012 SEL). Im partially fixing it by putting weather strips in the headliner where theres rattling, but it seems everytime I fix one rattle another area pops up.

If youre thinking about getting the focus i suggest getting the MFT with it, ive had a few glitches but nothing really major. Most of the small problems were fixed in the latest update (such as icons overlapping each other). The leather seats are very comfortable, and i love the sony sound system. Overall I'm loving the car, and as a winter car you can't really get any better (unless you go AWD). I suggest getting the remote start, it's probably the feature I use the most especially in the wintertime.