Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Another one of those "help me make my choice" threads xD
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
JasDmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105501
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti Hatch Sterling Grey

Points 199, Level 3
Points: 199, Level: 3 Points: 199, Level: 3 Points: 199, Level: 3
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Howdy; I live in Calgary as well; just moved here from Niagara region in Ontario. Sold a 2004 Focus back there as it was starting to rust a bit. Bought a new 2013 Titanium hatch in November. Have lived through the cold snaps you have recently and can tell you cold is not an issue, but then I have a garage (uninsulated and not heated). Mine has the remote start which I'd recommend. You can program the rear window heater to come on with the start, I believe. Seat heaters are a requirement, particularly with the leather seats. Did plug it in a couple of times, both at home and at work; couldn't really tell if it made a difference. My commute is all urban, but we have been out on the highway and this car is sooo much quieter than the previous version. Sister in law and some friends back east also bought new ones recently. All are happy with their putchase; my opinion, you can't go wrong. PM me if you want to talk more and would like a recommendation on a dealership; mine has taken very good care of me.

Although there have been a few -20 to -40 C days this year, the weather now is almost springlike. Yes it gets cold here, but we have those great chinooks and right now, there is virtually no snow on the ground. I'd recommend getting winter tires; bought mine when the deal included those. Mine has the handling package, but with the winter tires, can't really tell if the suspension and tire combo will be an issue regarding harsh ride. In general though, roads I driven so far are in pretty fair shape so it's not been an issue.

I woudl also recommend the DCT. Mine works flawlessly