Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is this really normal?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #150
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Confirming this. It's exactly what I'm expecting to be told after I leave my car at the dealership this Friday.

-the noise from the steering that started after Hines Park Ford worked on my front suspension: NORMAL
-the poor ride that began with the same suspension work: NORMAL
-the clunk noise that precipitated the above work and has never actually been fixed: NORMAL
-the vibration after shifting to 4th gear, a problem which started after Hines Park Ford worked on my transmission: NORMAL
-the poor drivability (which has returned) that led to the transmission being worked on: NORMAL

I'll bet that the only thing I will get fixed is the razor-sharp trim peeling off my steering wheel, and that will require a return visit and another hour or two of my time. It's also the only thing that cannot be subjectively denied.

They can tell me "I don't feel that obnoxious vibration." and "They are all like that." and I suppose it's just my word against theirs (until I get advanced instrumentation and data acquisition systems involved)... but they can't very well tell me that it's normal for steering wheel trim to slice your fingers open.

And honestly, I'd be ok with putting some tape on the steering wheel... if they'd fix the rest of this stuff.

I can't stand driving this car anymore. It used to be so nice, and now it's been ruined. It rides and drives like a heap of junk. I didn't buy a heap of junk. I really want the car that I bought back. Wish me luck.
I have an interesting idea for you. Take it to the dealer and find the used car manager. Tell him you want to trade it in. Ask the used car manager to give you a value. Have him drive it. If he's any good he will document all the issues so he can low ball you on a value. Take that to the service manger or the GM of the dealership.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12