Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Realtime MPG display?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,728, Level 66
Points: 9,728, Level: 66 Points: 9,728, Level: 66 Points: 9,728, Level: 66
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytanium View Post
Every time I start the car again, the distance to empty goes to about 205 miles and goes down from there. I've driven about 45 miles since I filled up and the needle has not moved off the stop yet (not used to that, coming from a 3000GT VR4 TT). So this will correct itself in time, or should I take it to the dealer and have them recalibrate?
If you only have 45 miles on the car since the last fill up the needle doesn't necessarily move off of Full, as that's only about 1-2 gallons of fuel used.

The distance to empty recalculates periodically based on the amount of fuel left in the tank and the current fuel economy. So if the mileage is still going up you can go for a while before the distance to empty drops as the fuel economy used in the calculation updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
Yeah that little display is just about worthless. I also wish it had instant MPG as well as a digital speed readout. It's such a large area with practically no use.
There was so much more information shown on this display on the European MK3 models, but apparently North Americans are easily distracted and sue happy so to prevent this they didn't allow us to have much data displayed at once.