Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Realtime MPG display?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytanium View Post
I don't know for sure. I believe it's better to accelerate slowly and anticipate braking so you can coast more and not lose your speed. Doesn't do you much good to mash on the gas and immediately have to slow/stop and accelerate up to cruising speed again.

Another thing I noticed after I filled the tank up night before last is that the miles to empty range reads about 200 miles and has stayed there for the last 30 miles. Is there a way to reset this? I've reset the average MPG a couple of times and the trip meter as well.
The miles to empty is not a user reset-able thing and is based on average mpg over some unspecified interval (not either trip values) and the amount of gas remaining in the tank. I reset the miles/average mpg/time for trip1 when I refill the gas tank and I reset the values for trip2 at the start of a trip so I may reset trip2 several times for each trip1 reset unless it's a long trip spanning more than one gas tank.

I've found the average mpg display can vary by a couple mpg versus a calculated tank filling mpg, but over many tanks the average display value is very close to the average calculated value. I suspect that variation in tank filling is the main reason for the tank-to-tank variation of displayed value versus calculated.

Brian