Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #72
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Welp I don't want to get ahead of myself but so far the steering seems MUCH MUCH BETTER with this new alignment. I will know in a few days worth of driving if it is actually improved, so I will wait a bit before coming to a final conclusion.

I also had the tech check the tires for uneven wear and he said everything appears normal. He also checked for "sticking" calipers but said they too appear to be operating normally.

BUT,

of course the steering wheel is a bit crooked...Even though during the test drive with the tech I had told him I thought the steering wheel was crooked, he reassured me "its the crowning of the road" so I didn't push the issue. But now after driving it home the wheel is definitely crooked, ugh.

I just can't win.

Now the real question is WHAT THE %$%#$ IS MAKING MY CAR CONTINUALLY BE OUT OF ALIGNMENT? are the dealerships just messing up the alignment? are the alignment machines calibrated incorrectly? Does it have to do with the steering rack in any way being installed incorrectly or being defective? Are the bumps and potholes I hit occasionally so severe it is messing up my alignment? Is this car just a POS?

Thoughts?