OakvilleFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108912
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 OakvilleFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Why would you say that considering that MFT is not a Microsoft product? That doesn't make sense.
Well it is - It uses Windows CE as its base operating system, a Microsoft product. Many of the stability issues arise from a poor Bluetooth stack, and many other general issues with the Windows CE kernel.

Moreover you'd think Microsoft would be keen on helping Ford get a reasonable UI up and running to showcase their mobile platform, instead they where left to linger with a 3rd party solution on top of CE which just compounded issues.

End of the day Microsoft's PR machine will try to distance themselves from this whole debacle. To me that just screams - when you choose Microsoft anything - expect this level of support when something this major falls apart.

If I was Balmer, I would put my best engineers on this and make damn sure Ford had the best telematics experience bar none.

Anyways if there are any Ford folks monitoring this thread, PLEASE add a soft reset button buried in the options. I'm really getting tired of having to pull Fuse 29 in my Edge. So far its been fine on my Focus, but I don't see how a soft reset would hurt things.